Material Supply Strategist/Sr Material Supply Strategist Job
Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Develop and manage system lead times and inventory levels for normal day-to-day requirements and special projects. Responsible for tracking, monitoring, and reporting actual inventory needs against forecast. Analyze material performance and efficiency data as well as monitor effectiveness and accuracy. Proposes and implements corrective action for deficiencies. Utilize a demonstrated knowledge of supply chain concepts, activities and support functions, lead process improvement efforts throughout Supply Chain Operations; including identification of opportunities, data analysis, and the design and execution of repeatable processes to improve material availability and overall efficiency.
- Advise on appropriate system lead times and inventory levels for assigned commodities by applying analysis and industry knowledge and insight to the trends being observed.
- Participate in Category Management led RFP's, including business unit meetings and vendor interactions. Perform ad-hoc data compilation and analysis functions.
- Ensure inventory control through proactive measures including monthly review of inventory as it relates to current and future requirements. Ensure sourced material is in compliance with Xcel specifications, material test reports, OSHA and all applicable environmental regulations.
- Actively collaborates with business units, suppliers, manufacturers, Sourcing Strategists and Supply Chain Field Representatives to improve Operational performance and resolve issues and disputes of moderate scope. Influence process improvement efforts throughout Supply Chain Operations by supporting initiatives through data analysis, process flow mapping, leading pilot programs, and acting on behalf of business unit customers.
- Track, monitor, and report on forecasting and inventory planning information to identify opportunities and recommend improvements. Interface with suppliers by providing supply and demand information to ensure material availability for our customers.
- Analyze data that monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of operational performance (customer service, asset utilization, On-time & In-Full, etc) as well as controls (variances and process compliance) for service centers and storerooms. Propose and implement corrective action for deficiencies.
- Create ad-hoc reporting related to material performance, levels, status inventory analysis, supply / demand in preparation for regular internal supply chain, business unit and vendor review meetings.
Material Supply Strategist Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration or Supply ChainOR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience providing equivalent knowledge (6 years of related experience in addition to the required 2 years may substitute for the degree).
- 2 years related experience
- Solid problem solving, organizational, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of inventory management, accounting principles, supply chain/logistics activities, Microsoft Office Suite products, and relevant software applications including SAP, SAP Hana and Business Objects
- Salary Range:$60,000 to $85,333 per year
- APICS certification or equivalent preferred.
Sr Material Supply Strategist Minimum Requirements
- Required Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain.
- 5 years related experience OR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience providing equivalent knowledge (6 years of related experiencein additionto the required 5 years may substitute for the degree).
- Solid problem solving, organizational, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of inventory management, accounting principles, supply chain/logistics activities, Microsoft Office Suite products, and relevant software applications including SAP, SAP Hana and Business Objects.
- Salary Range: $68,000-$90,000 per year
- Previous experience in plant operations, utility field operations, finance or business administration.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 46420:Mgr SC Material Strat & Planni || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53257
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.