This position is posted until: Filled
Department: CT Operations
Warehouse experience prefered
Salary Grade: T08
Under direct supervision, coordinates and expedites movement of scheduled and unplanned materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews construction work schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements and satisfy end user material acceptance instructions
- Arranges divisional transfer of materials to meet construction schedules
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, work-in-progress reports, and status and location of materials
- Arranges for repair and assembly of material or part
- Determines best delivery method for job orders and coordinates and schedules deliveries accordingly
- Coordinates timely shortages and discussions between Project Managers to determine job prioritization and distributes material accordingly
- Ensures post-construction and start-date material shortages are expedited and filled as needed
- Determines the cause of the shortages and create Material Requests charging the appropriate accounts and reports issues to the affected parties
- Researches and resolves post-construction material issues and design discrepancies as identified
- Ability to effectively apply the principles, practices, and techniques of project management
- Extensive knowledge of the corporate mission, financial, and customer service goals
- Extensive knowledge of operations, maintenance, and construction functions of the company and their relationship to procurement, warehouse and material replenishment
- Knowledge of control of net costs of materials and services
- Knowledge of inventory control and procurement techniques
- Knowledge of vendor base
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or GED with five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess current, legally valid driver's license and meet the Company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as: construction drawings, maps, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or walk up to 2/3 of the time
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Plant environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.