Market Simulation Analyst
ISO New England
How you will make an impact:
- Review/modify the overall architecture of the simulation platform
- Participate in the market software development, including database access, clearing engine and market model
- Integrate third-party software (network analysis) with the simulator
- Participate in the effort to port the simulation platform to the cloud computing environment
- Conduct various market simulation studies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and provide technical support for the simulation platform
- Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Operational Research or Computer Science
- Experience in developing software for wholesale electricity markets, including relational database, market clearing (optimization)
- Deep knowledge of the electricity market operation
- Understanding of power system operations and analysis
- Experience with programming and modeling languages such as Java, Python, GAMS, AIMES etc. Is highly desirable
- Working experience with commercial optimization solvers such CPLEX and GUROBI
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS) environment is desired (but not required)
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.