Market Risk Analyst
ISO New England
How you will make an Impact:
- Employ market risk and credit risk measurement techniques to evaluate risk exposure and develop, maintain, and report on metrics that track exposure to market risk and credit risk
- Recommend and create new collateral requirements for electricity market products
- Support regulatory approval of collateral requirement design and governing document changes including providing expert witness testimony in support of proposed changes
- Create and deliver reports (both written and oral) that clearly explain, without technical jargon, the performance of the collateral requirements, the deficiencies (if any) in collateral requirements, and the benefits of any proposed changes to collateral requirements
- Monitor electricity market dynamics with a focus on potential risks to ISO-NE and ISO-NE market participants including M&A activity, changes to power market fundamentals, and modifications to other ISO/RTO market designs or risk management policies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Master's degree or MBA preferred
- Expert knowledge of credit/market risk principles and practices
- Experience with energy or commodity derivatives; such as futures, forwards, swaps and options
- Applied knowledge of market and credit risk measurement techniques, e.g., VaR, historical simulation, Monte Carlo simulation, stress testing
Lead Risk Analyst: on average 7-10 years of experience
Senior Risk Analyst: on average 3-6 years of experience
Desired not required
- Skill in other programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Matlab, Python, or other data analytics tools (BI, Tableau) is preferred.
- Experience with Northeast electricity or natural gas markets
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.