Market Design Analyst II/III/Sr./Lead
Electric Reliability Council of Texas
ERCOT is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. It is the cornerstone of our corporate values of accountability, leadership, innovation, trust, and expertise. We accept and celebrate those that join us and recognize that individuals with a wide variety of talents, ideas, and experiences propel the innovation that drives our success. A diverse and inclusive workforce strengthens us and allows for a collaborative environment to solve the challenges that face our industry today and in the future.
ERCOT offers the flexibility to work both in and out of the office within the state of Texas, providing our employees with an enhanced work life balance.
Designs, implements and support ERCOT's critical Wholesale Energy Market place. Supports the restructured wholesale electricity market in Texas with technical leadership in design, implementation and support in one (or multiple) areas of market design. Provides design and functional support of the ERCOT market place. Analyzes the ERCOT market place, represents ERCOT at stakeholder meetings.
- Understands the basic principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and learns how to apply them within the ERCOT culture.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
- Provides technical leadership role in at least one area of design, as well as broader functional and architectural development of the market
- Conducts design and analysis of the market, and provides recommendations for enhancements to operations process
- Reviews and/or develops market design solutions and the technical computer systems/programs and documentation requirements for new market analysis projects
- Guides analysts in researching Market Participants disputes with the ERCOT market and addressing Market Participant needs on support operations Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of market operations needed to support clients' business needs
- Analyzes market behavior for potential issues and communicate the need for change, if any, in Market rules to Stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance to PUCT and Stakeholder groups
- Communicates to Stakeholders regarding the application of protocols
- Proposes and reviews new solutions for data acquisition and reporting
- Conducts or guides testing of new system changes when needed
- Builds working relationships and alliance with other departments to achieve operational results and keep project plans moving forward
- Escalates issues to Manager and/or Supervisor in a timely manner, if necessary
- Reviews presentation materials generated by other Analysts for Market Participants and board meetings
- Uses programming skills in C or C++, SQL and Microsoft Office Suite to develop models, design systems and resolve technical problems
- Develops working knowledge of system integration
- Monitors system interfaces
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Level 2: Requires minimum 1 year job related work experience in excess of degree requirements
- Level 3: Requires minimum 3 year job related work experience in excess of degree requirements
- Senior Level: Requires minimum 5 years job related work experience in excess of degree requirements
- Lead Level: Requires minimum 8 years job related work experience in excess of degree requirements
- Bachelor's Degree : Electrical Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Economics, or related discipline (Required)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
- This position is Hybrid. Employees will be required to be on-site in Taylor, TX at least 2-3 days per week, or more, as needed based on the business needs as determined by management
- On-site schedules are flexible or may be rotated based on business needs as determined by the Manager
- Remote work is required to be performed from your Texas residence.
- Employees may opt to work on-site more than required or 100% of the time
The foregoing description reflects the minimum qualifications and the essential functions of the position that must be performed proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties expected to be performed, and management may, at its discretion, revise or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description is not intended to create a contract of employment with ERCOT. Both ERCOT and the employee may exercise their employment-at-will rights at any time.
About this Employer
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers -- representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 52,700+ miles of transmission lines and 1,030+ generation units, including PUNs. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.