MANAGER*PSCO TRANS PUB AFFRS/COMM - MNG975 Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
This position is responsible for providing strategic public affairs and communications direction, counsel and support to executive leadership and teams, and individual project routing leads and management. Along with individual project participants, this position will: lead the development of public affairs and communications strategies to promote the success of Transmission as well as other areas of Operations. Lead project teams and develop plans to build relationships and conduct effective communications with media, governmental units, tribal nations, city, county and township organizations, the public and affected landowners; manage communications in support of collaborative planning efforts; and serve as liaison between project management and other internal teams including legislative, community relations, strategic communications, regulatory and technical project areas.
- Public affairs strategic direction, counsel and support: Works with Executive Staff and project teams to identify critical issues that may impede or enhance the success of operational projects, and develops strategic plans to effectively address such issues. Establishes and manages system to monitor related developments in the utility and related-industries, and brings current knowledge and best practices to the organization. Responsible for managing interface with critical local, state or federal officials and agencies that have significant influence on business area projects (e.g. city councils, legislators, local and state agencies).
- Strategic communications: Develops and implements communication strategies, key messages, presentations and public events to enhance the public perception of the company. Provides communications guidance, support and counsel on legislative and regulatory relations. Leads communication team; and coordinates communications strategies with project management, community relations, regulatory and project permitting/routing leads on relevant projects.
- Media liaison: Directs the development and implementation of media relations programs to ensure the company and business area vision is clearly understood by the public and to provide accurate information regarding Transmission and other projects in Operations.
- Management: Oversees the work of external communications/public affairs consultants. Develops departmental priorities and goals in support of project and corporate goals. Develops and delivers strategy and status reports to utility executives and to project development managers, as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications, public affairs, political science, business or related field required.
- Master's degree in public policy, communications, or political science preferred.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience required in the areas of public affairs, communications, government and community relations.
- Experience in regulatory area desirable.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 41750:Trans Plng & Business Rltns || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47946
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.