Manager, Transmission Accounting Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Manages company activities associated with accounting and budgeting of transmission revenues and costs. Oversees the invoicing, account receivable management, and revenue collection from the transmission customers. Supports transmission regulatory filings, including rate cases, rulemakings, and other proceedings. Ensures that the accounting for transmission revenues and expenses are in compliance with regulatory rules, customer contracts, and procedures. Oversee the applicable duties associated with various data requests, investigations, and regulatory requirements.
- Monthly Close Processes: Ensures the timely and accurate accounting close each month using the General Ledger system for the transmission revenues and costs. Ensures that transmission customer billings are timely and comply with contracts. Review of the accounting activity and results to ensure they are materially correct. Maintains detailed on-line financial statements summarizing actual operating results and balances. Ensures that the accounting for revenues and expenses are in compliance with both FERC and GAAP.
- Budgeting & Forecasting Process: Oversees the Transmission Revenue and Expense Budgeting process. Ensures that forecasts are updated timely and accurately. Oversee development, and refinement of accounting and budgeting policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes to budgets and forecasts. Establishes sufficient documentation to satisfy regulatory review and external audits.
- Supports transmission regulatory and compliance filings as needed to accomplish corporate objectives and to achieve regulatory compliance. Supports the accounting associated with FERC docket case issues, regulatory filings, and oversees the accounting implementation to comply with regulatory rules and orders related to transmission. Prepares supporting testimony as required and serves as accounting related coordinator in regulatory proceedings when necessary. Assist with regulatory strategy to recover transmission investment, ensuring books, and records support timely recovery.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Transmission stakeholders to ensure that the accounting for regulatory work processes, filings, and projects are coordinated and efficiently pursued.
- Staff Development: Provide direction, oversight, and guidance to staff, as needed. Direct and manage the development of team goals and communicate company and business area objectives. Create a team environment of continuous improvement and learning to foster professional development. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations. Conduct formal and informal performance discussions and ensure review in a timely fashion. Coach and mentor team members, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- At least five years experience in various job-related areas such as accounting, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and business and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and FERC regulatory accounting requirements.
- This position requires the ability to effectively use computer financial systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work extended hours.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 29400:Transmission Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47979
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.