Manager Siting & Land Rights Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Directly supervise employees within the assigned work group in order to compile and manage land rights information. Monitor agreement and permit compliance; manage project files, records and reports. Responsible for the Company's land survey activities, geospatial analysis, and corporate land rights documents and electronic database.
- Responsible for the management of Corporate land rights documents and data. This includes the survey group, geospatial analysis group and the Corporate land rights documents of record. Oversees budgets, forecasts, work plans and resource needs. Develops corporate standards and policies.
- Land Records/Data Management - Oversees the management of the Corporate land and land rights documents of record. This is includes hard copy and digital records and polygons contained in the master database (Landworks). Oversees quality control in the creation of records, ensures compliance with existing records, manages lease payments. Ensures the confidentiality and quality of data shared with outside entities. Oversees the use of asset and project data in the field and ensures corporate data and information security policies are followed.
- Survey - Manages the survey group which includes traditional survey, LIDAR and other emerging technologies. Manages the planning, gathering, compilation and preparation of technical data recorded in the field for permit applications, land rights documents, engineering, design and construction. Ensure accurate land data is developed to provide easement descriptions and electronic polygons for the Company geospatial and data management systems.
- Geospatial analysis -- Manages the geospatial analysis group that conducts spatial data analyses to support Xcel Energy business objectives in the planning, siting, operation and maintenance of Xcel Energy facilities. Supports the use of advanced technologies including spatial analysis, geocoding, and scripting and advocates for new opportunities to improve the Company's management of data. Ensures the development and maintenance of accurate Landworks geospatial data, company land data, generaton facility locations, other geodatabases, analytical methodologies, and cartographic standards. Assesses data quality and integrity of relevant internal and external GIS information
- Supports the other permitting and acquisition efforts of the department as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Land Use, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Law or related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years experience in siting, permitting, land and right of way acquisition and land rights maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate law, appraisal, negotiation and land survey.
- Experience with land rights databases, engineering, design, and construction activities associated with electric and natural gas utility facilities.
- Operations Management
- Relationship Management
- Self Management
- Talent Management
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire
Department: 40064:Siting and Land Rights
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Pamela J Rasmussen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.