Manager, Security Operations
Georgia System Operations Corporation
- Manages the Security Operations department in support of the Corporation's mission, goals, and objectives, including policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and tactical planning initiatives to ensure benefits to Members. The areas encompassed include, but are not limited to, the development and implementation of the annual work plan, capital improvement projects, and NERC CIP compliance evidence to ensure high quality, compliant, and reliable systems to support the operations of the transmission grid.
- Represents the Corporation's interests in cyber and physical security issues both internal and external to the Corporation, including issues and negotiations involving FOC functional departments, Members, Integrated Transmission System (ITS) Participants, regulatory agencies (FERC, NERC, SERC), contractors, vendors, and other utilities.
- Creates, implements, and maintains an environment of compliance and continuous improvement.
- Selects, develops, and manages highly qualified and motivated associates. Ensures all necessary performance evaluations, coaching, training, development support, associate relations, and conflict resolution work are done in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Establishes overall work direction and review of work products. Directs the quality and timeliness of work products. Develops goals and milestones for the Security Operations department.
- Provides strategic and regulatory support and assistance to Executive Management as requested.
- Provides leadership and support during activation of the Security Incident Response and Recovery Plans.
Education : Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, Business Administration, or related field.
Experience : Ten years in the areas of cyber security, physical security, information security, industrial control systems, information technology, networking, telecommunications, or related technology areas, with at least two years in the electricity sector.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, Business Administration, or related field with at least 14 years of experience in the areas of cyber security, physical security, industrial control systems, and information technology in addition to at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Eighteen years of direct experience in at least two of the following areas: cyber security, physical security, industrial control systems, and information technology in addition to at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
Specialized Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent organization and time management skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the work. Familiar with industrial control systems and various types of cyber security systems. Must be able to successfully pass a NERC CIP Personnel Risk Assessment. Must be able to obtain a SECRET level security clearance under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Private Sector Clearance Program for Critical Infrastructure (PSCP).
Unusual hours required of this position: Emergency coverage for security and operational issues required on as needed basis.
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including veterans and disabled. We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to substance abuse testing.
About this Employer
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an independent, not-for-profit system operations company owned by our Members: 38 of Georgia’s distribution electric membership corporations (the Member Systems), Oglethorpe Power Corporation and Georgia Transmission Corporation. As the system operator, GSOC ensures reliable, independent system operations by controlling and monitoring electric generation, transmission and distribution assets owned by Oglethorpe Power Corporation, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Smarr EMC, the Member Systems and their power supply partners. The company enables its Members’ participation in the energy market in Georgia and the Southeast by providing a range of operations services that allow our Members to transact, optimize and account for their business in the wholesale energy market.