Manager, Participant Training Services
ISO New England
How you will make an Impact
- Manage staff to ensure optimal results for training projects that support the company and its industry participants. Support the instructional designers on the team by monitoring performance, providing coaching, and developing professional development opportunities.
- Proactively identify training needs by conducting training needs assessments for the organization and managing the Participant Relations and Services Department's training plan. Evaluate and prioritize training requests, and develop training requirements for industry stakeholders using research and learning innovations.
- Design and develop training programs and online training modules. Review and approve learning design documents, project plans, and final deliverables. Oversee the coaching of instructors and train-the-trainer classes, practice sessions for instructor-led training, and pilot testing online training modules.
- Provide project supervision and ensure delivery of quality, cost-effective and on-time training solutions.
- Evaluate training effectiveness by analyzing results to identify the need for corrective action and opportunities for improvement. Provide training approach recommendations to department director and ensuring the developed trainings meet business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a learning area (e.g., instructional design, instructional technologies, education), or in a related business field (e.g., communications, marketing, organizational development). Additional experience or education in Engineering, Economics, or other technical field with evidence of the ability to understand complex regulatory frameworks such as the bulk power system and wholesale electricity markets is a plus. Advanced degree desirable.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience applying adult learning and instructional design best practices to develop engaging, effective learning resources in a wide variety of formats (e.g., instructor-led classrooms, video, self-paced tutorials, webinars, knowledge articles), preferably in a B2B environment
- 3+ years' experience leading teams
- Experience applying adult learning principles (such as ADDIE Systemic Approach to Training) to the creation of learning products in a professional setting
- Proven project planning and management for multiple concurrent projects and priorities; ability to meet commitments under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation skills
- Strong internal and external stakeholder orientation
- Vendor contracting, budgeting, and management experience is a plus
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.