Manager, Employee Relations & Recruiting
Georgia System Operations Corporation
- Employee Relations : Provides leadership and direction in employee relations matters. Counsels and advises managers and associates. Provides advice, counsel and recommendations to managers and associates regarding employee relations issues. Discuss appropriate actions and alternatives. Assist managers in determining appropriate course of action. Serve as a resource to both the associate and the manager. Provides leadership in the administration employee relations issues, conflict resolution process, performance solutions, investigations, notice of performance issues, terminations, and handling appeals. Works with external legal counsel. Coaches supervisors/managers on the appropriate and corrective actions necessary to turn around ineffective behaviors and performances. Act as strategic consultant and reference source for managers/associates regarding HR policy interpretation, organizational development, associate compensation, salary budget and benefits. Under general supervision, carries out broad and complex assignments requiring comprehensive knowledge of the field of specialization.
- Training: Develops and delivers training sessions on human resources policies and procedures. Coordinates annual management legal update training.
- Representation: Represents the organization in personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Program Administration: Facilitates the development and administration of various human resources programs (i.e. Drug Free Work Place, Alternative Work Schedule). This may include negotiation administration of contracted service providers.
- Performance Management Administration: Develops and administers the GSOC corporate-wide performance management program, which includes annual performance evaluation process, base variable pay process. Advise management on evaluation of associates against objective performance standards that will enable the corporation to meet annual and long-term strategic initiatives and reward top performance. Continually review and revise the process as necessary.
- Recruiting: Leads GSOC's recruiting program which includes staffing of GSOC associates. Responsible for providing oversight to the HR Generalist in all recruiting and staffing related activities, the development, administration and monitoring of the recruiting processes, service providers selection and contract administration; legal compliance requirements (ex. EEO/AAP), projects and reporting. Oversees the relocation program which includes negotiation and administration of contracted service providers.
- Contractor & Temporary Staffing: Leads the contractor and temporary staffing services for the Family of Companies. Provides oversight to the HR Generalist in support of contractor and temporary staffing. Participates in the administration of the contractor program. Reviews service provider proposals and facilitates the negotiations, development, and administration of service provider contracts. Ensures legal compliance requirements and appropriate documentation are in place to handle contractor and temporary staffing.
- Provides the HR Director with performance feedback on the HR Generalist for support of mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
- Workforce Strategy: Supports GSOC's workforce strategy through the development and implementation of programs to meet program objectives.
- Compliance: Develops and recommends new policies as needed due to changes in law or based on company directive. Monitors state laws and federal regulations to ensure human resources policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Cyber Security: Leads in the development and administration of human resources processes that support GSOC's Cyber Security requirements to ensure compliance with NERC standards.
- Reporting: Prepares various reports in conformance with Board requirements or organization needs.
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
Experience : 8 or more years' experience in Human Resources in three or more of the following areas: recruitment and employment, employee/labor relations, wage and salary administration, training and development, compensation, benefits, AAP/EEO, HR records management.
Equivalent Experience : Twelve years professional level HR experience as outlined above.
Specialized Skills : Demonstrated ability to operate automated systems including word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, and payroll/personnel system. Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of staff at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including veterans and disabled. We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to substance abuse testing.
About this Employer
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an independent, not-for-profit system operations company owned by our Members: 38 of Georgia’s distribution electric membership corporations (the Member Systems), Oglethorpe Power Corporation and Georgia Transmission Corporation. As the system operator, GSOC ensures reliable, independent system operations by controlling and monitoring electric generation, transmission and distribution assets owned by Oglethorpe Power Corporation, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Smarr EMC, the Member Systems and their power supply partners. The company enables its Members’ participation in the energy market in Georgia and the Southeast by providing a range of operations services that allow our Members to transact, optimize and account for their business in the wholesale energy market.