Electric Reliability Council of Texas
ERCOT is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. It is the cornerstone of our corporate values of accountability, leadership, innovation, trust, and expertise. We accept and celebrate those that join us and recognize that individuals with a wide variety of talents, ideas, and experiences propel the innovation that drives our success. A diverse and inclusive workforce strengthens us and allows for a collaborative environment to solve the challenges that face our industry today and in the future.
ERCOT offers the flexibility to work both in and out of the office within the state of Texas, providing our employees with an enhanced work life balance.
Manages the Accounting Department and provides accounting information on all organizational activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and performance management of staff.
- Frequently interacts with reporting supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas or customers.
- Responsible for the management of subordinate staff within a department. Typically has individual contributors as direct reports, but could have supervisory direct reports. Has full responsibility for direct reports.
- Generally provides input to budgeting and financial decisions that impact the department. Requests approval for financial actions beyond a limited scope.
- Directs and oversees the work of a team of accountants and assigned programs
- Assists upper management with hiring, coaching, training, and performance management of staff
- Manages the relationship with and work performed by external auditors to complete the annual audit; responds to audit findings
- Communicates corporate accounting results to management and the board of directors
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations related to federal, state and local tax requirements for nonprofit entities
- Creates, analyzes, and maintains the corporate accounting control system, including control of company assets
- Ensures the proper indexing, storage and retrieval of all accounting documents
- Sets strategic goals and direction for department
- Contributes to the development of corporate strategy for meeting regulatory filing requirements
- Coordinates preparation of various financial schedules in support of regulatory filings
- Prepares and provides testimony in all financial regulatory matters
- Requires minimum 8 years job related work experience and 2 years in a leadership role in excess of degree requirements. Minimum years of job related experience can include time in leadership roles.
- Experience with consolidations, bond, and securitization for Special Purpose Entity.
- Bachelor's Degree : Accounting, Finance or related field (Required)
- Master's Degree : Business Administration or related field (Preferred)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
- CPA Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
- The majority of job duties can be performed remotely from your Texas residence.
- May be required to be on-site at the Austin facilities at twice a month, or more based on the business needs and as determined by the Manager
- May select a hybrid work schedule of set days to work remote and on-site or choose to work on-site 100% of the time
- Work arrangements are subject to business needs and are subject to change accordingly
- Remote work schedules shall be performed within Texas. Log-ins during out of state business travel, and any temporary remote work arrangements must be submitted and approved by HR
About this Employer
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers -- representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 52,700+ miles of transmission lines and 1,030+ generation units, including PUNs. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.