ITC Holdings Corp.
Performs assigned tasks involved in the physical maintenance and preservation of the Novi headquarters and backup facility in Ann Arbor. This includes the building structure, building grounds and any equipment associated with the building
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides other maintenance employees in the performance of the daily building maintenance activities; May train others in the performance of the following listed responsibilities.
- Installs, maintains, repairs and performs selective construction of interior and exterior building architectural systems including: interior walls, interior and exterior doors and hardware, provide basic locksmith service to include key cutting, floor coverings, suspended ceilings, windows, finish carpentry, rough carpentry, wall coverings, painting, furniture repair, concrete, caulking, roofing and flashing.
- Installs, maintains and repairs domestic and fire system water plumbing, pumps and tanks, cleans and maintains sanitary sewer drains and traps and performs general maintenance as necessary to provide reliable service for customers.
- Maintains, operates, monitors and performs minor repairs to plumbing/mechanical systems and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Install, maintain, operate, monitor and repair electronics, audio/visual equipment and fire detection, annunciator and alarm systems.
- Performs appropriate testing and preventative maintenance on all major building systems, such as pumps, chillers, kitchen equipment, automated door systems and air handling units.
- Operates and maintains industrial control systems related to the critical operations and HVAC equipment.
- Assists with conference room setups.
- Installs and/or retrofits office furniture.
- Keeps facility warehouse organized and clean.
May direct other employees assigned to assist in this work.
- Must be trained/certified in Boiler and air handling equipment operations and repairs.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Building engineer or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Must be willing and able to respond to calls outside the regular hours of work.
- Requires knowledge of building maintenance standards and practices and a general knowledge of the Building Codes as it applies to this work; requires ability to work from blueprints and general schematics and be able to solve mechanical problems related to this job.
- Requires control understanding including basic computer program modification as well as the relationship between software commands and how the effected equipment will respond.
- Requires the ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems of any electrical nature.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to understand operation of computer-controlled HVAC systems.
- Must be able to prioritize and schedule own workload and willingness to travel to other work locations.
- Must be able to contact/coordinate various Building Trade vendors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and commitment to customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver's license.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. ITC does not sponsor employment visas, such as H-1B or TN visas.
About this Employer
ITC, a Fortis company, is the energy industry’s leading electricity transmission company. We deliver bulk electrical energy from power generating plants along high-voltage lines to the local distribution system of utilities serving communities. We invest in power lines that will meet the needs of the 21st century.
As the only fully independent transmission company in the U.S., our business is not distracted by electricity generation or distribution. Transmission is our sole focus. As a result, we can concentrate fully on planning, building, operating and investing in high-value, highly-reliable electricity transmission to our customers and communities.
ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. ITC’s grid development focus includes growth through regulated infrastructure investment as well as domestic and international expansion through merchant and other commercial development opportunities.