Salt River Project
Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical and electrical locking devices, safes, vaults, vehicle locks and other specialized locking devices in all areas of the Project. Maintains records of all key system structures and key assignments and plans and designs key and locking systems for all SRP locations.
- Prepares all assigned tasks to ensure the effective, safe, and efficient completion of Locksmith job assignments.
- Disassembles, repairs, rebuilds and assembles locks, padlocks, safe and vault combinations and internal components.
- Develops and keeps records of keys, locks, inventory of parts, key blanks and assignment and location of keys.
- Manufactures new and duplicate keys on a variety of key cutting machines and equipment and by utilizing key codes.
- Installs or repairs hydraulic door closers and electronic door operators using hand and power tools.
- Installs and repairs locks on furniture, cabinets and other lockable office items.
- Plans and performs preventative maintenance program for all locks, vaults and safes.
- Removes broken keys and repairs malfunctioning locks.
- Uses lock pick and other devices to open locks without keys.
- Rehangs repairs or adjusts door or windows to assure security of building or installation.
- Maintain inventory of repair parts and maintain appropriate records of key control.
- Responds to emergency call-outs, as required.
- May be required to work night and/or varying shifts.
High School, GED or Equivalent.
- At least one year experience as a Locksmith
- Knowledge of the standard methods, procedures, and various types of locks and tools used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of locks, doors and hardware.
- Skill in diagnosing the cause of lock and door malfunctions.
- Knowledge of the common hazards and necessary safety precautions, and ability to take safety precautions, including the use of power tools and equipment consistent with the Locksmith trade.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, diagrams, and manufacturer's manuals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with little supervision.
- Communicates with supervisor, peers and others, working as part of a team contributing to company goals.
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to deal with public in a professional manner. Ability to maintain a quality rapport with internal customers.
- Possession of a valid Arizona Driver's license.
- Knowledge of code compliances (NFPA 101) and government regulations.
- Ability to read facility drawings and interpret door hardware specification documents.
- Be able to lift carry weight, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturer product lines.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with programming the Medeco XT system.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Possession of a valid Arizona driver's license
Requisition ID: 14504
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.