Lineman Patrolman, Remote/Urban - Greeley, CO Job
Location(s): CO - Greeley
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Perform the duties of lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
1. The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
3. The successful applicant must live within 40 minutes/40 miles of the GreeleyService Center.
4. The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
5. Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
For External and Non-Xcel Energy Journeyman candidates, verification of Journeyman Lineman qualifications and knowledge will include written testing and/or practical skills evaluation during the application process.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL driver's license including a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- All applicants must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program, and possess a Journeyman Lineman certification.
- Must be willing tolive within 40 minutes/40 miles of the Greeley Service Center.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeder circuits, transformer loading and connections, and fusing practices.
- Should have experience with electric meter sets and their connections.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of hot line tools, protective devices, fuses, lightning arresters, disconnect switches, breakers, grounding sets, transformers and their connections.
- Must be experienced in operation of Line Construction and Maintenance vehicles including, but not limited to, fork lifts, digger-derricks, platform digger units, wire and rope tensioning units, and other similar equipment.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge and experience in electric Distribution system trouble-shooting.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Safety Rules and regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in electric Distribution field service work.
- Must be familiar with use of rubber gloves, sleeves, line hose, switching procedures, as well as in the use of PPE in accordance with Company and OSHA requirements.
**NOTE: This position requires an assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 Selection Process:
4. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
5. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
6. If you do not successfully complete the assessment, you are eligible to re-take it after 6 months.
Step 3 Lineman Test:
7. If selected for the next step you will be required to pass the Xcel Energy Journeyman Lineman test.
8. This will be conducted on site.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Greeley || CO - Greeley || United States (US) || Operations || 38120:PSCO Transmission Construction || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $53.33 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 53162
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.