Lineman-Energy Tech 3 in West Columbia, TX
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Brazos Operations
No job description available
Lineman - Energy Tech 3
Salary Grade: T03
Construction, maintenance and/or service related work as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs new overhead lines.
- Constructs new underground lines.
- Restores service and troubleshoot.
- Sets up service and maintain lines and apparatus.
- Re-conducts or converts existing lines.
- Ensures safe work conditions.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Trains personnel, plans jobs, and maintains records.
- Available to perform on call work as necessary.
- May serve either as switchman or dispatcher.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform the principal duties, engage in the required physical and mental activities and to endure the environmental conditions set forth in this job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of electric utility industry practices and procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with five to six years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Must possess a current, legally valid Commercial Driver's License and meet the company's driving record requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with climbing poles, such as pushing, pulling, lifting and bending.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 50 pounds and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Primarily outside construction work.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.