Lead Purchasing Analyst
ISO New England
How you will make an Impact
- Assist Purchasing Manager in ISO-NE's vendor contract management function, which includes but not limited to negotiation and execution of agreements, and ensuring compliance to policy, procedure, and terms and properly managing vendors requirements.
- Independently work from start to finish by performing cost benefit analyses, reviewing contracts, and negotiating the most advantageous contracts with vendors using RFP's, RFI's and RFQ's. Provide direction and assistance to business owners involved in the process and contract phases through project completion.
- Process and manage, accurately, the workflow of ISO-NE authorized PO Requisitions using the Lawson Financial software, including but not limited to PO entry, PO adjustments, and reports.
- Prepare Board quality reports as required by Senior Management and the Board to capture detailed Purchasing department data.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with external risk management of ISO-NE supply chain and CIP-013 compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Purchasing Department procedures, Massachusetts and CT PIP documents, and Record Retention documentation are updated and/or reviewed quarterly/annually.
- Support and collaborate with Finance on the month end close process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment, working through various levels of approval requirements, processing documentation and information.
- Must have a sense of urgency, able to multitask in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines with a high degree of accuracy, high attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
- 7+ years of purchasing experience required. Experience shall include but not limited to management of RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs, processing of Requisitions and Purchase Orders, managing vendor relationships, cost reduction and consolidation.
- Hands on experience working through all facets of the Purchasing cycle either in a manual or automated process.
- Strong command of purchasing management fundamentals.
- Advanced computer skills required (Adobe Pro, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Word).
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to adapt to different personalities.
- Must have experience dealing with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize own work as well as work unaided and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work additional hours at peak operating cycles.
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.