Lead Electrical Engineer - Real-Time Studies
ISO New England
* Hybrid work schedule with 3 days remote if desired.
* Paid on-call rotation upon readiness
How you will make an Impact
- Perform engineering studies, develop recommendations, and prepare documentation in support of control room operations and outage coordination business
- Perform scoping, design, analysis and reviews in the study efforts in coordination with Local Control Centers, Transmission Customers, Transmission Owners, and consultants as required
- Formulate operating guides that provide clear and concise direction on reliable operation of the New England BES
- Engage in learning and applying advanced tools/techniques in modeling and analyzing the fast evolving power grid with high penetration of inverter-based energy resources and diversified demand characteristics
- Provide real-time support to the control room and outage coordination groups
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering is required; Master's degree in Electrical Engineering is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Academic background or working experience in electric power systems or inverter-based energy resources in the areas of modeling, planning, and/or operation
- Experience in using Power System Analysis commercial programs (EMS, PSS/E, PSLF, or DSA) and EMT simulation programs (PSCAD or EMTP)
- Experience in working with the technical concepts of, and engineering tools for, performing power system thermal, voltage/reactive, stability, short circuit, and/or EMT analyses
- Knowledge of the circuit configuration, modeling, controls and operating characteristics of inverters, and impacts on BES interconnection reliability
- Professional Engineering license is beneficial
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.