Lead Analyst, NEPOOL Relations
ISO New England
In one of the more visible, outward facing roles for the organization, the Lead Analyst, NEPOOL Relations is responsible for serving as Secretary for a NEPOOL Technical Committee and working group as well as the Planning Advisory Committee. The Lead Analyst strategically coordinates stakeholder activity more broadly with internal business units, and ensures the ISO's external positioning is clear, constructive, and consistent. The Lead Analyst supports the NEPOOL Relations management team by identifying areas of interest to stakeholders and administering logistical support for committee meetings. The Lead Analyst is trained and available for cross-functional supports across the department as needed.
This position will participate in multi-disciplinary development teams on change initiatives and provide support to internal project leads on larger scope initiatives.
How you will make an impact:
- Serve as Secretary of a NEPOOL Technical Committee and Working Group
- Serve as Secretary of the Planning Advisory Group
- Participate in discussions with ISO Committee Chair, NEPOOL Counsel, and Participant Vice Chair on meeting tactics
- Coordinate on projects to ensure alignment and understanding across the ISO
- Offer guidance and insight on presenting externally to NEPOOL
- Post, distribute, and maintain committee materials and records
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders and/or with state and federal regulatory processes
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder/client relationships
- Broad experience in and understanding of a regulated industry with 5+ years of related experience desired
- Prior experience in one or more of the following preferred: Transmission or Operations Engineering, Wholesale Electricity Markets, Regulatory Law, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Market Development, or System Planning
- Ability to flexibly work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organization, issue spotting and problem solving are essential as are presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WebEx
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.