Junior Business Intern - MN Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking to hire an intern toassistthe Solar*Rewards and Community Solar Program with program tasks, special projects and customer service. You may also assist with the on-site solar team. The team values interns and hopes to also support them in their goals and development.
You must be able to work 20 to 40 hours per week (minimum of 20 hours during school and up to 40 during the summer) during business hours to assist in day-to-day program operations and customer experience/communications projects as needed and as fit the intern's skillset and interests.
- Coordination of program communications; analysis of communication channels and results. Coordinate customer issues tracking and response
- Customer and program data management
- Assist with New Mexico Solar Community project. Basic project management tasks: testing web portal, note-taking during meetings, among other activities as they arise
- Coordination of salesforce.com data management, reporting, and analytics
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to commute to location is required.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a degree in : supply chain, advertising, marketing, safety and health, personnel management, human resources, training, labor relations, public relations, government relations, business administration, legal and regulatory compliance or similar. Recent graduates are not eligible.
- Current 2nd year college student or higher majoring in marketing or a related field, with good communication, customer focus, organization, project management, and analytical skills who has completed core marketing and/or marketing communications coursework.
- Must have good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Please list current GPA.
- Ability to stay on part-time during the school year. (Must be current student throughout internship, except summers)
- Sophomore level or above (as of Spring 2023) is preferred.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51710:Renewable and Choice Program || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.80 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 52992
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.