Journeyman Lineman Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman at our Western Avenue Service Centerin Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Thestarting base Journeyman payfor this position is $50.24 hourly.
This position will be posted for 15 Working days fromJuly 15th, 2022- August 5th 2022.
Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work, and all other work as outlined in the lineman position.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Technical School Lineman degree is preferred
- Must presently be qualified as a Journeyman Lineman and have a working knowledge of all phases of Distribution and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Operating
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills
- Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- Must be committed to working safely and compliance with all company safety rules
- Must be of adequate physical stature to perform routine physical labor associated with line work, including but not limited to: lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, operation of equipment
- Willing to travel and work away from home
- Must reside within 20-mile radius of assigned service center within the first 6 months of hire
- Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A
- This position is subject to D.O.T. random drug and alcohol testing program
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Eau Claire || WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Operations || 715EC:Elec Const EC WI || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $50.24 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan
Requisition Number: 47283
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.