This position is posted until filled.
Department: TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
Requires Journeyman Lineman and CDL
Salary Grade: U32
$45.85 per hour
DEPARTMENT: TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
DUTIES: Under general directive supervision of working foreman or district foreman depending on assignment and location.
- Directs apprentices, skilled, and semi-skilled workers engaged in the construction, operation, and maintenance of overhead transmission and distribution lines and substations; may perform various duties by being assigned to investigating and correcting customer complaints; installing or cutting out service or meters; setting special meters as voltage, current, demand, or others; maintenance of street lights or other related duties which are consistent with his qualifications.
- Receives work instructions of a general nature and performs all assignments with established procedures.
- Performs construction duties by erecting and setting poles and towers; attaching necessary crossarms, transformers, circuit breakers, cut-outs, lightning arrestors, anchors, guys; stringing, sagging, insulating, attaching, and connecting conductors; installation of underground systems including circuit, laterals, vaults, and grounds; installation of underground cable, transformers, switch boxes, and similar equipment.
- Installs or may assist in cable construction by testing and tracing circuits in power systems; makes various types of connections between electrical conductors; insulates conductors properly for the voltage conditions under which they are to operate; seals cable joints within a waterproof housing such as lead sleeve wiped onto the lead-sheathed cables entering the joint; bonds and grounds lead-sheathed cables of all voltages; makes electrical connections between conductors and various types of equipment such as transformers, potheads, and terminal boxes; as required, may weatherproof or fireproof cables.
- Performs various distribution duties by testing for and locating electrical trouble on circuits; makes permanent or temporary repairs to restore services as quickly as is consistent with safety; restores equipment to normal operating condition; patrols and inspects equipment, making minor repairs and reporting equipment in need of major repairs; makes emergency cut-ins and cut-outs.
- Installs and removes lightening arrestors; fuses disconnecting switches, oil and air breakers switches, and related overhead line devices.
- Installs and services transformers; tests transformers in service by induction coil devices and makes replacement when necessary.
- Installs street lighting equipment and replaces cables, poles, conduits, and auxiliary equipment.
- Instructs personnel in the proper and safe way to perform their duties and instructs and trains new men in the use of tools and equipment; provides safety training instructions and is responsible for the general safety of personnel and in the administering of first aid to injured persons when necessary; caution and use of safety devices such as rubber protective equipment and hot-line tools; conforms with all safety rules and policies as established by the Company.
- Performs other related and assigned duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.