IT Systems Administrator - Storage Admin Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Systems Administrator provides support and contributions to the build, configuration, troubleshooting, and overall reliable operation of software, hardware, technology components or user devices. They engage during enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades to drive implementation steps, and ensure compatibility to existing components. They provide coaching to less experienced team members. They drive root cause analysis and service restoration during service disruptions, and work with other technical experts and solution owners to ensure long-term resolution is achieved.
- Operational Support - Responsible for the overall installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of systems and/or network infrastructure. Proactively detect risk, improv performance, and avoid operational impact during incidents. Identify solutions using a systematic approach. Recommend and implement ideas to improve systems reliability and performance. Analyze capacity and performance, forecast system capacity. Proactively drive changes to prevent service disruptions. Lead and follow protocol for incident and problem management.
- User Support - Provide in depth technical information to users as appropriate. Analyze more complex end user issues and recommend fixes or improvements.
- Solution Support - Act as liaison on large projects. Participate in system performance testing as needed. Follow change management procedures, ensuring changes are appropriately recorded. Apply technical expertise to ensure changes are compatible with the respective environment and components.
- Teamwork - Review work and ensure quality standards are met. Train, coach and mentor others. Motivate others to action and address delicate situations with tact and diplomacy. Collaborate with business leaders companywide. Responsible for aspects of vendor relationship management.
- Communications - Write and present reports, and proposals for internal and external audiences. Interpret other viewpoints and assimilates them into work processes. Formally transfers technical or administrative knowledge to others. Actively participates in regular status meetings. Prepare written status reports and responses to customer inquiries.
- Five years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Demonstrated strong business and technical acumen and aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of one or more core technologies (e.g. Servers, Hosting Platforms, Network Circuits, API's).
- Detail oriented, with ability to demonstrate strong adherence to procedure and protocol for operational support service tracking/ticketing.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- NetApp experience
- IBM storage experience
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56783:IT-Data Center Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47040
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.