IT Systems Administrator Job
Location(s): TX - Lubbock
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Associate Systems Administrator participates in administering system maintenance and configuration based on work direction given by senior level team members. They act as a technical owner of the respective systems they are assigned. They are responsible for operation and maintenance of existing systems and/or infrastructure. They collaborate with users and technical teams to support incident resolution, systems monitoring, and problem analysis.
- Operational Support - Install, modify, implement, document, and maintain system operating procedures and changes. Analyze physical infrastructure systems requirements and performance to optimize installations and future implementations.
- Problem Management - Investigate and resolve production incidents and problems. Identify and resolve production alerts. Provide support for systems testing and validation activities. Participate in problem reviews.
- Communications - Clearly and concisely communicate and record operational status whenever requested. Actively participate in status meetings. Prepare written status reports and responses to customer inquiries. Ensure records and other communications drive awareness and clarity to facts & risks.
- User Support - Provides basic contextual and technical information to users, and assist users on problems. Advise users on available approved technologies.
- Two years of related functional experience.
- Demonstrated strong technical acumen.
- Experience and demonstrated discipline following protocol for operational support service tracking/ticketing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and effectively apply learning.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Utility experience
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Lubbock || TX - Lubbock || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56240:IT-ADMS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 53246
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.