IT Solutions Lead - Customer Care Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Solution Lead is responsible for leading work within or across end-to-end solution lifecycle. They hold accountability for meeting business needs, supporting business strategy, and ensuring IT solutions have sound operation. They provide in-depth knowledge of the business needs, business processes, and corresponding solutions. They provide technical guidance in partnership with cross-organizational team members to ensure solutions align with architecture and IT strategy. They are a key contact to business, customer and stakeholder groups for their respective domain, helping ensure business needs and corresponding value and risk are well represented.
- Relationship Management: Partner with business areas, customers and other stakeholders to understand business needs and opportunities. Represent business partners/stakeholders in input to strategic planning and investment prioritization. Establish and maintain collaborative partnership with internal partners. Provide coaching and direction to less experienced team members.
- Solution Delivery: Participate in Demand Management preparation, lead and support delivery lifecycle activities, and ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Facilitate delivery meetings and ceremonies. Lead analysis and design. Provide needed plans, demo's, artifacts, and procedural documentation.
- Operations Management: Ensure solutions are designed for stable operation. Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems and processes, driving action to avoid service disruption and minimize impacts. Drive alignment with stakeholders on maintenance activities and schedules.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to continuously improve solution delivery practices and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Experience with Project or Product delivery practices, including SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through lean and agile practices.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of end-to-end process and system capabilities, as well as industry standards and emerging technologies and methods.
- Strong understand of technical, functional, and operational details of respective solutions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build functional and technical subject matter expertise, process and tools expertise, and drive consistency in processes.
- In-depth knowledge or the ability to quickly attain expertise on core IT components within the respective domain.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56220:IT-CXT || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 51921
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.