IT Portfolio Analyst Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The IT Portfolio Analyst is responsible for supporting one or more IT business processes. They will assist in evaluating changes to IT policies and processes, and in implementing changes as needed. They will work to ensure thorough and timely adherence of users to their respective business process(es). They will provide reports to ensure the manager's awareness of compliance, adherence, and quality of the process. They will participate cross-organizationally with stakeholder groups external to IT to continuously improve the process(es). They provide day-to-day support to the users and auditors of their respective processes or services.
- Operations: Own and operate key IT business processes, such as Compliance, Governance, Communications, Change Management, QA, etc. Ensure processes maintain minimally adequate documentation, that users are proficient in how to use the process. Closely monitor the status of all controls pertaining to the assigned processes, and proactively drive resolution to risks and issues. Assist in reviewing policies and processes for quality, accuracy and effectiveness. Establish and provide reporting on the status and effectiveness of the respective IT Business process. Supports organizational and regulatory initiatives and directives. Understands and works to implement processes and procedures required to support regulatory needs. Supports process and project audits.
- Relationship Management: Work with various stakeholders within and external to the organization on activities related to assigned processes. Ensure stakeholder and department requirements are met. Interact with management, customers, vendors and other stakeholders through verbal and written communication. Provide coaching and training.
- Business Process Analysis: Participate in defining new or changes to existing IT policies and/or processes as needed. Serve as a contact to help educate and assist users of the process and any tools, and ensure process reference is current and accessible. Support activities to mitigate risks and continuously improve the process.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Maintain awareness of changes within the industry that pose risk to existing processes. Identify, expose and mitigate corresponding risks. Work with Enterprise process stakeholders to understand how industry changes impact existing company policies and processes.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working operationally with information technology-related business controls or processes (e.g. compliance; audit; supply chain; financial accounting; software asset management).
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business, or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Five years of related functional experience.
- Ability to articulate core business and technology processes and related trends.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Formal training in process improvement, and change management.
- Excellent written/verbal communication including presentations, and relationship-building skills.
- Financial acumen and Excel/data analytics skills.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56101:IT-Governance Strat Perf || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 50081
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.