IT Data & Analytics Lead Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
During COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met.
The Data & Analytics Lead is responsible for defining, implementing and supporting Enterprise Data solutions and capabilities. They provide expertise in the integration, reporting, structuring, mining, and securing of data for the Enterprise. They provide data analytics on complex datasets with a variety of tools. They provide expertise on data analytics and business intelligence, advancing analytic standards across the Enterprise. They consult to Engineers, Architects, Data Governance, Security and other organizations on data architecture designs, models, and standards. They are responsible for modeling complex business problems and providing insights and recommendations through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Analytics and Reporting: Analytics and Reporting: Conduct data exploration to identify areas of opportunity or risk. Provide data investigation, and consultation on how data quality, integrity and/or controls can be improved. Discover trends, draw conclusions and provide actionable recommendations. Build and deploy statistical and predictive models.
- Consultation: Work cross-organizationally to drive adoption of standard tools, and improved data integrity. Ensure IT solutions have sound data management practices. Provide subject matter expertise and consultation on data aspects of new and/or changing IT solutions.
- Capability Maturity: Champion data solutions to enhance value and fill gaps. Automate and continuously improve core data functions such as collection, extraction, transformation, quality validation, and control. Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure sound data and BI capabilities as well as understanding of the importance of quality data.
- Standards: Lead BI development to provide stable, high quality, and rapid delivery of reports and dashboards that provide business value. Work cross-organizationally to ensure data solutions are secure, efficient, and in alignment with Data and IT Enterprise Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Excellent problem solving, data acumen, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience with distributed computing, data visualization, data architecture and structure, statistical modeling, and predictive modeling.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering reporting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend BI solutions to fulfill complex business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Proficiency with SAP BusinessObjects tools
- Previous experience withexperience with SAP BW (BEX Query and HANA Modeling knowledge)
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56745:IT-Data Svs Analytics || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 24431
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com