IT Business Analyst
Salt River Project
Provides information technology services to SRP.
Enterprise Customer Solutions is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. Enterprise Customer Solutions is responsible for the application development/support of PHOENIX (SRP's Customer Information System), eChex (SRP's payment system) and other various systems. The Business Analyst is responsible for working closely with clients, project managers, core technical team members, subject matter experts, and stakeholders and providing leadership throughout the Software Development Life Cycle regardless of methodology used (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid). This individual must possess solid business acumen, strong oral and written communication skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and social skills. They also must have the ability to bridge the business/IT divide in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and trust.
- Ensures business value is met through the facilitation, elicitation, and traceability of requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (regardless of methodology used)
- Develops and maintains standard deliverables (Business Requirements Documents, Functional Design Documents, Design Mockups, Use Cases, User Stories / Product Backlog, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test execution artifacts, Defect Tracking & Reports, and Training Plans)
- May be required to perform testing functions and perform training and/or knowledge transfer of expertise to team members.
- Communicates status to project managers, team members, clients, and management.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus 5 years experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in a related field appropriate for the assignment, plus 6 years of experience.
Desired experience includes:
• Required 7 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst with extensive hands-on experience eliciting requirements
• Required 7 years of extensive hands-on experience with the Requirements, Design, Construction, Testing and Implementation phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Preferred experience as a Business Analyst on different sized projects (small, medium, large)
• Preferred knowledge of the utility meter to cash process
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
The selected candidate will possess:
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; explains and describes things in ways that both business and technical people can understand
• Works independently and delivers high-quality results
• Provides outstanding customer service by focusing on customer needs and satisfaction
• Team-oriented, focusing on team accomplishments and growth
Typical tools used:
• Microsoft Teams
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, SharePoint)
• Microfocus ALM
Requisition ID: 14694
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although part-time teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.