Irradiation Testing Department Manager
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Irradiation Testing group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Irradiation Testing Department Manager.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Research Education Campus with every other Friday off!
The Irradiation Testing Department Manager is responsible for leading, planning and execution of Research and Development (R&D) programs and irradiation projects. Programs and projects include those funded by the Department of Energy and Cooperative Research and Development Agreements and Strategic Partnership Projects funded through nuclear industry partners, customers, and others. Manager will collaborate with facilities such as the Advanced Test Reactor Complex (ATRC), Transient Reactor Test (TREAT) Facility, and Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) to integrate project and facility schedules, commit resources, and implement work to the mutual benefit of the projects and facilities. Manager will participate in department, directorate, and division strategic planning, management initiatives, and business planning. As a leader in NF&M and Nuclear Science and Technology (NS&T) directorate, this role is responsible for creating a culture of technical excellence, collaboration, inclusion, and diversity with a focus towards the professional development of staff.
- Degree in science or engineering, or related field plus experience in the nuclear enterprise
- BS plus 8+ years' experience
- MS plus 5+ years' experience
- Related experience may include demonstrating effective technical and leadership skills, including management of technical programs, personnel management, staff recruiting, and developing and implementing strategic plans
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Strong preference for work history in reactor technology or irradiation testing
- This position is subject to export control restrictions per the Department of Energy (DOE). For this reason, you must be either a US Citizen or a US Green Card holder to qualify for the job
- Salary Grade 240 ($135,816 - $230,904)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.