INTERNSHIP – Information Technology - Infrastructure
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) applies cutting-edge technology to operating a reliable electricity system, managing competitive markets for wholesale electricity, and planning for the Empire State's energy future. The NYISO invites applications for a full-time summer intern on the IT Infrastructure team.
This intern will assist in supporting a configuration management database (CMDB). This will include assisting with designing, implementing, and sustaining configuration management capabilities and database information integrity for all data stored for hardware and software. Additionally, this will include writing and maintaining interfaces to and from source repositories and the CMDB, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The intern will also support audit efforts and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar technical program
- Intermediate Object-Oriented Software Development Skills required
- Fundamental knowledge of database design and data management required
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or Management Information Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Project Management and lifecycle management preferred.
- Self starter who takes the initiative to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ability to think and act independently, taking the initiative to create solutions to solve challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. Our summer internship programs give young professionals the opportunity to gain a fundamental understanding of New York electricity markets, bulk electricity systems and how we plan for New York State's energy future.
All offers of employment will be made contingent upon the successful completion of a drug screening and background check.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
About this Employer
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) is responsible for the reliable operation of New York’s nearly 11,000 miles of high-voltage transmission and the dispatch of more than 500 electric power generators. In addition, we administer bulk power markets that trade an average of $7.8 billion in electricity and related products annually.
As a not-for-profit independent system operator, we are governed by a 9-member Board of Directors. Participants and Stakeholders in New York’s electricity markets play a significant role in our unique shared governance system.
We employ more than 550 people and occupy two locations in New York's Capital Region. Given the technical complexity of our mission, over a quarter of the company’s staff are devoted to the development and support of information technology. We have a diverse and engaged workforce, and have been recognized as a top employer in the region.