Intern - GIS (Cedar Rapids)
ITC Holdings Corp.
• Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• Coordinates record updates with engineers, consultants, project managers and maintenance personnel.
• Performs drawing control functions and is responsible for revision control, drawing logs and archiving.
• Creates maps and drawings for use by other departments and external entities.
• Maintains GIS data within relational databases.
• Prepares GIS layers, applications and data sets for other departments and external entities.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Geographic Information Systems or Information Technology degree program.
• Attention to detail and ability to complete assignments.
• Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
• Ability to learn and utilize job specific software
• Experience using ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro
• Understands how to update feature geometry and attribute data.
• Demonstrates understanding of projections and their conversions.
• Ability to collect and enter data quickly, correctly and efficiently.
About this Employer
ITC, a Fortis company, is the energy industry’s leading electricity transmission company. We deliver bulk electrical energy from power generating plants along high-voltage lines to the local distribution system of utilities serving communities. We invest in power lines that will meet the needs of the 21st century.
As the only fully independent transmission company in the U.S., our business is not distracted by electricity generation or distribution. Transmission is our sole focus. As a result, we can concentrate fully on planning, building, operating and investing in high-value, highly-reliable electricity transmission to our customers and communities.
ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. ITC’s grid development focus includes growth through regulated infrastructure investment as well as domestic and international expansion through merchant and other commercial development opportunities.