Integrated Planning Lead
Salt River Project
Integrated System Planning at SRP coordinates the planning functions across the power system includingtransmission, distribution, generation, customer programs, and pricing programs. We aim to serve SRP customerswith the best value while decarbonizing the power system. Integrated planning performs customer and stakeholderoutreach, ensuring perspectives are included within the construction of our industry leading Integrated SystemPlan. The Lead position is responsible for coordinating stakeholder engagement activities, embedding customerperspectives within integrate planning, and managing the portfolio of study for our integrated planning efforts.
- Performs as project leader on significant departmental and company initiatives; directs work activities ofsubordinate team members and outside consultants
- Designs communication and outreach strategies to create a forum for receiving balanced customer andcommunity perspectives
- Performs as project leader in contracting for strategic special study analysis, public outreach, and potentialexpert testimony and communication of results and approval materials for executive management and theSRP Board.
- Leads cross-functional team of technical and subject matter experts from across the company
- Oversees Strategic Competitive Market analyses and Business Studies. Including utility benchmarking,external driver and scenario development, and emerging technology performance
- Develops answers to complex, open-ended questions involving significant uncertainty and ambiguity withmeaningful economic and operational implications
- Communicates analytical results and recommendation to all levels within SRP as well as externalstakeholders
- Performs as an engineering project/program leader on projects/programs which are large or have many complex features
- Prepares specifications, evaluates bids and prepares recommendation materials for managementconsideration when evaluating large or complex procurements.
- Performs as a staff consultant and/or advisorin a technical specialty
- Provides engineering/analytical leadership when administering and reviewing work performed byconsultants and others
- Demonstrates substantive thought leadership to further new ideas, products, services, and/or businessprocesses to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and/or customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates substantive leadership in organizational change management to foster the success of newbusiness products, services, and/or business processes
- Occasional travel to represent SRP with industry groups, customers and regulatory and political bodies
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
8 years professional experience in related field.
Preferred qualifications include education and/or experience in the following categories: Advanced degree preferred
- Project management experience
- Communications, marketing, or facilitation experience
- Understanding impact to SRP's financial metrics and retail prices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to represent SRP to external groups including customers and mediaand to represent departmental work to executive management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple assignments concurrently Ability to facilitate and lead work teams effectively
- Ability to be discreet in the preparation and use of proprietary and sensitive materials and information
Requisition ID: 14575
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.