Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Instrument and Control (I&C) Craft group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Instrument Technician.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Advanced Test Reactor facility with every Friday off!
- Perform maintenance (corrective, preventive, predictive, routine, and troubleshooting) on instrumentation systems and components in a safe, efficient, and compliant manner, in accordance with company and facility procedures and policies including the usage of human performance principles.
- Participate in the work control process planning walk down by providing recommendations to the planner on hazard identification, hazard mitigation, technical information, task sequencing, resource requirements, equipment requirements, and other information to produce a work document that can be used in the field to accomplish the identified work scope.
- Provide on-the-job training to other craftspeople as requested by maintenance management.
- Provide feedback to the foreperson on any training needs or improvements that are needed to drive better performance and identifying any opportunities for improvement.
- Provide feedback to Planning Manager and/or Planning Technical Lead on any recommended improvements to the work order documentation process.
- Perform Ready - Ready walk downs as directed.
- Maintain assigned qualifications in accordance with the INL and ATR Program qualification process.
- Plan, implement, and carry out special projects within area of expertise assigned by the foreperson.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Associate degree in Instrumentation or equivalent technical certification or relevant military experience/certifications.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Within 12 months of hire, complete required ES&H training to carry out assigned responsibilities.
- Within 3 months of hire, complete Radiological Work Qualification requirements and maintain qualification for duration of employment.
- Hourly Wage: $42.05-$44.42
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP-Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.