Instrument & Control Technician - Brush, CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Xcel Energy has an Instrument & Control Tech TA position open for our Brush, COlocation.
1. Perform installation, maintenance, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, configuration and repair of power plant instrumentation and process control systems, including CEMS.
2. Perform testing required by Plant Operation, regulatory requirements; review, prepare and submit records in support of these activities.
3. Specify and initiate purchase requisitions in support of the above.
4. Maintain accurate records.
5. Perform equipment and/or system upgrades with latest technology for plant optimization.
6. Train apprentices.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Two year certificate from vocational technical institute in electronics or instrumentation, or company approved equivalent training and/or experience.
3. Must have NICET Level II or company approved equivalent certification.
4. Two or more years troubleshooting and repairs to the component level of electronic/industrial instrumentation desired.
5. Four or more years previous power plant instrumentation or equivalent experience required.
6. Must have completed the approved apprenticeship training or company approved equivalent.
1. Scheduled and emergency overtime is required.
2. Must possess the skills needed to respond to back shift callout for unsupervised work.
3. Traveling to other sites may be required.
4. Non-Generation employees must successfully pass the Behavioral Assessement & Edison Electric Institute Plant Personnel test.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Brush || CO - Brush || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 35400:Pawnee Maintenance || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $53.33 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 48585
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.