Instructor Operations - 200433 Job
Job Grade: Q
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The Operations Instructor is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of operator training. Delivery of training occurs in a variety of settings with other instructors and other groups in accordance with the accredited training processes and all-applicable codes and regulations. The Instructor evaluates trainee performance on-the-job and in the simulator when applicable. Implements SAT process for the Operations training programs. May include initial and continuing training for all Operations personnel. Additional responsibilities include training program maintenance, CAP management, and support of the Operations group's day-to-day activities.
- Analyze and design training for all operations training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training.
- Develop and conduct training in the classroom and/or simulator for all operator training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training. Develop and administer examinations for all operator training programs.
- Pursue qualifications to support the various operator training programs such as general instructor, simulator booth operator, SRO Certification, and simulator floor instructor. Once qualified, maintain SRO Certification to support instructional needs.
- Assist with self-assessments and other evaluations of the various operator training programs.
- Assist with in-processing for the large number of contract employees for plant outages.
- Support plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff during lengthy outages.
- Function as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO)
- RO or SRO license or SRO Certification is preferred.
- Candidates should possess expertise/familiarity with power plant operations.
- Technical expertise in another discipline, such as electrical and mechanical maintenance, health physics or chemistry is beneficial.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to interface well with people, communicate effectively, and express ideas clearly, concisely, and accurately both orally and in writing.
- Candidates must be able to effectively present training material to various class sizes with varied entry-level knowledge. Organizational and administrative skills are required to the extent needed to produce, maintain and deliver accredited performance-based training.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, and able to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, is required.
- Candidates must satisfy all Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission security requirements.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45538:FT MT Training-Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000 to $113,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 53152
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.