INL Criticality Safety Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Criticality Safety Engineering group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a INL Criticality Safety Specialist! This team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Willow Creek facility with every other Friday off.
- Responsible for the INL Criticality Control Area (CCA) Program.
- Maintain and improve CCA Program documents in Manual 18, manage the eCRIT electronic form system.
- Lead annual CCA assessments to assure it is scheduled, performed, and documented per Laboratory requirements.
- Ensure CSOs are trained and qualified.
- Deliver maintain, improve Criticality Safety Training courses, modules (INL198) and Qualifications.
- Maintain the department software quality assurance program to meet Laboratory requirements, which includes developing, maintaining, and scheduling SQA documents and activities.
- Maintain Performance Management activities for the department.
- Deliver the maintenance and improvement of all Criticality Safety Program Documents per DOE, ANSI/ANS and Laboratory requirements.
- Level 3: BS degree plus 5 years relevant experience OR 13 years' experience.
- Level 4: BS degree plus 8 years relevant experience OR 16 years' experience/education in lieu bachelor's degree.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Experience may consist of but not limited to: Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program or Reactor Operator's license (NRC) or certification(DOE), or fissionable material handler, or criticality safety officer.
- Must be able to obtain Criticality Safety Specialist qualification (QNCRITSP).
- Salary Grade 200 ($81,288 - $134,100) / Salary Grade 210 ($93,492 - $154,212)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: Testing designated position; It will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting, and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.