Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Executive Communications group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an INL Ambassador.
The INL Ambassador will provide tours to community members, school groups and VIPs. The successful candidate will be adept at variety of communications, able to learn and discuss scientific research and be able to lead several projects/visits simultaneously
Our team works on-site 4x10 schedule located at our EROB facility with every Friday off!
- We're looking for an energetic and collaborative individual to join our Tours Team. This position requires excellent presentation and organization skills.
- One of INL's goals is to develop public trust and confidence in INL and nuclear energy. The tours program is an integral part of accomplishing that goal.
- Our ambassadors are well versed in many areas of science at the lab. If you are a storyteller - someone who is enthusiastic about the lab's mission and comfortable presenting that information to large groups, we want you to join our team.
- You also need to be willing to learn and ask questions to understand technical details and translate into digestible pieces.
- The lab is a structured environment, so the successful candidate will need to be conscientious and pay close attention to details, processes and procedures.
- We are interested in bringing on a standout colleague who is able to change directions quickly, but also work independently.
- Supporting INL's hosting team will include working special events with some evenings and weekend required.
- Position will be responsible to plan tours and escort tour groups; scheduling presenters and developing non-technical presentations; following security requirements, responding to emails and phone messages.
- Additional duties include driving a government vehicle.
- Other focus areas include public outreach, such as speaking to community groups across Eastern Idaho, working closely with INL's STEM education programs to align activities to INL's mission areas, providing input to INL's public affairs efforts (fact sheets, informational displays, etc), and supporting INL's Hosting and Protocol Team on visits.
- The ambassador has high visibility and will act as a INL ambassador and supports VIP events and tours, which include visitors from government, industry, and the community.
Level 2: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related field AND two years' related experience
- OR Advanced Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism AND one year related experience.
- OR Advanced Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism AND three years related experience.
- Prior professional level communications experience.
- Experience in public communications with a focus in science and/or engineering.
- Prior experience in public involvement in technical or scientific issues, as well as writing and producing technical materials for the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical principles and communicate technical topics in simple terms.
- Experience with AP Style, and excellent oral, social media and visual communications skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade: 180/190
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.