Infrastructure and Operations Analyst
Salt River Project
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior IT Analyst to help design, build and maintain SRP's new High Security Operations Center (HSOC). The HSOC will be a purpose-built shared services zone for operational technologies for Power System. The zone will provide a secure, NERC-CIP compliant infrastructure between operations networks and corporate ITS.
Acting as a Senior IT Analyst, you will be responsible for helping design, build and maintain the new operations center as well as handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the HSOC, managing relationships with internal customers, and resolution of infrastructure and software related issues.
To ensure success in this position, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise infrastructure, collaborating with other IT teams, and managing the full spectrum of devices and software used across IT. As a Senior IT Analyst on the HSOC team, you will be helping to build the next generation of technology services in support of Power System Operations.
- Collaborate with team principals, engineers, and other senior analysts to design and implement a secure, functional network
- Collaborate on the installation of infrastructure such as firewalls, load balancers, backup, routing, cabling, and remote access solutions
- Collaborate with Cyber Security on development of OT policies and security framework
- Collaborate with Information Governance on data architectures
- Manage individual work tickets and help maintain high service levels with customers
- Deal with escalated infrastructure support issues
- Draw up status reports
- Understand and adhere to all related NERC CIP requirements
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn in a fast-changing environment
- A top candidate will be proficient in the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of network systems including Cisco routing, Palo Alto firewalls, and server virtualization
- Advanced knowledge of networking hardware route, switch, and firewall
- Knowledge of communication and routing protocols (TCP-IP stack), DNS, proxy, VPN, etc.
- Experience with network and server analysis tools
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- High level problem-solving and communication skills
- Documentation skills creating procedures, workflows, and architecture diagrams. Advanced use of Visio and other system documentation tools is required.
- Ability to work remote or on-site as needed, including traveling to various locations and generation facilities throughout SRP.
- Current industry certifications will be given preference.
- Hardware - HP/Dell
- Palo Alto
- Cyber Security
- 5+ years with specific experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Server management:
- Server architecture and design
- Security management (AV, Patch, Event, Monitoring, etc.)
- Server equipment, builds, operating systems, and software
- Virtualization management
- Network architecture and design
- Network equipment: Palo Alto firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers
- ISP connections and remote access solutions
- Device event alerting and availability monitoring
- Service Management
- Asset / Incident / Problem / Change
- Process Management
- Server management:
- Please include a cover letter explaining how your experience fulfills the needs of this position
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona Driver's license.
Requisition ID: 14710
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although part-time teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.