Industrial Control System Network Analyst
Salt River Project
We are looking to hire an experienced Industrial Controls Network Engineer to provide infrastructure design, architecture, implementation, and support services to SRP's fleet of generation technology assets. This includes complex power generation control systems and network infrastructures that support power generation facilities.
Acting as a member of the Generation Infrastructure, Security, & Compliance team, you will be responsible for decisions about design and planning, managing relationships with internal customers, and resolution of infrastructure related issues. This is a bridge position between Engineering, Operational Technology (OT) support, and Information Technology (IT) and requires an understanding of all areas and a willingness to learn and grow technically.
To ensure success in this position, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise OT and IT network infrastructures, power system infrastructures, collaborating with other IT teams, and managing the full spectrum of network devices and systems used across Generation. As an Industrial Controls Network Engineer, you will be helping to build the next generation of technology infrastructure in support of Power Generation at SRP.
- Design, architect, implement, and maintain complex network and system infrastructures - Palo Alto firewalls/ VPNs, Cisco switches/routers, & various server/infrastructure technologies.
- Provide network integration of control technologies in support of various controls systems throughout the Generation Fleet.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security Services to utilize standard security strategies to ensure protection of sensitive data, systems, applications, and physical assets.
- Identify emerging technologies and technical trends and develop recommendations for future use at SRP
- Manage individual work tickets and help maintain high service levels with customers
- Work with vendors on hardware and software procurement
- Provide executive level status reports as needed
- Lead and manage projects
- Understand and adhere to all related NERC CIP requirements as required
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience implementing/supporting/troubleshooting network devices and infrastructures is preferred.
- Experience deploying, supporting, and integrating network and infrastructure technologies such as Palo Alto firewalls, and Cisco switches/routers.
- Experience designing secure and reliable networks that support critical systems.
- Experience evaluating security configurations to determine if unacceptable risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience working in the field at SRP facilities a plus.
- Proven communication skills, including the ability to listen, and the ability to form productive working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that support documenting, categorizing, and prioritizing requirements.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual, strategic, and creative thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of network architectures.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Knowledge of Emerson, Foxboro and GE controls systems desirable.
- Ability to work remote or on-site as needed, including traveling to various locations and generation facilities throughout SRP.
- Current industry certifications will be given preference.
- Palo Alto
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- Service Management
- Please include a cover letter explaining how your experience fulfills the needs of this position
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license
Requisition ID: 14708
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although part-time teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.