Identity and Access Management Engineer
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) operations group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Identity and Access Management Engineer! Our team works a remote 9x80 schedule located with every other Friday off.
- Support identity and access management efforts across multiple Active Directory domains and cloud environments.
- Administration and maintenance of authentication and access management environments.
- Gather requirements, estimate effort, and work with customers to deploy, and maintain identity and access management solutions.
- Perform work in alignment with standard methodologies for identity management, access controls, and credential integration for multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Configure and maintain Single Sign-on (SSO) solutions for applications using Kerberos, SAML, and OAuth/OpenID Connect authentication.
- Implement customizations to integrate applications and federate services across multiple organizations.
- Install, patch and upgrade supporting products.
- Implement security controls in accordance with company policy and DOE initiatives/directives.
- Level 2- Bachelors plus 2 years of related experience, or Masters plus 1 years of related experience, or PhD or 10 years directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Level 3: Bachelors plus 5 years of related experience, or Masters plus 3 years of related experience, or PhD & 2 years of related experience or 13 years directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Experience working directly with Active Directory, Group Policy management, and SSO.
- Demonstrated understanding of Identity and Access Management principles.
- Demonstrated experience in debugging, problem solving and process implementation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in complex, heterogeneous environments, simultaneously operating Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X/macOS, and Linux systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Cyber security and information assurance regulations such as FISMA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX, SP, FIPS, RMF, etc.
- Experience developing and integrating systems to follow NIST, DOE, and other federal standards.
- Familiarity with object and relational databases, especially SQL.
- Knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and X.509 standards, including operation Certificate Authorities.
- Salary Grade: 190 / 200
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.