HR Generalist Intern- Minneapolis, MN Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provides HR support to business area employees and managers in accordance with company policies, practices, systems and processes. Facilitates compliance with federal and state legal requirements. Implements and communicates programs and services in the areas of benefits, compensation, staffing, performance management and other HR areas.
1) Helps to implement and communicate HR plans, programs and services to the business areas.
2) Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues relating to the business area.
3) Provides and partners with other HR areas day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of HR experience preferred. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws. PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Utilize knowledge related to commonly used HR concepts and practices
- Excellent verbal, written and interactive communication skills with all levels within the organization
- Facilitate and present in group settings related to development and succession planning processes, as well as other initiatives.
- Interpret and translate data in a storytelling manner to support actions and activities.
- Excellent Relationship building skills.
- Works with HR Business Partners to infuse employee insights into organizational strategies.
- Assists with developing, coordinating and recommending changes for the improvement of HR processes.
- Collaborates with centers of excellence and HR business partners to implement HR programs that enable business areas to meet business goals.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 84310:Workforce S&C Generalists || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.80 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48748
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.