Group Manager, Supply Chain Sourcing
This position is posted until filled.
- MBA Required
- Certified Purchase Manager
Group Manager, Supply Chain Sourcing
Salary Grade: G04
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$99,778 - $134,699 - $169,622
Given the financial nature of this position, this position has been defined as a position requiring a credit check. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Under general supervision from the Sourcing Director, manages Supply chain work efforts across family groups to include internal user/Business Unit satisfaction, supplier relationship management (SRM), contract management and category and project sourcing initiatives within the T&D, Energy Resources and/or Non-Utility (Corporate) verticals. Accountable for Total cost of Ownership (TCO) savings for assigned categories. Prepares and presents performance results to management and provides necessary adjustments to policies and procedures to meet corporate goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs staff and participates in the development, negotiation and management of $100 million+ in purchasing contracts associated within the T&D, energy Resources and/or Non-Utility (Corporate) Sourcing verticals.
- Responsible for application of Managed Business Relationships (MBR's) and the formation of all other Supply Chain/Purchasing alliances made in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Tracks trends and market forces within the respective Sourcing vertical and adjusts Supply Chain sourcing strategies accordingly.
- Responsible for the development and negotiation of all Supply Chain sourcing related activities for each business segment across the enterprise.
- Is responsible for PNM targeted cost reductions/service improvements in sourcing. Applies the established Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, contracts Management and P-Card processes in forging and creating acceptable contracts that are best in class, in relation to Utility sourcing.
- Ensures these contracts and agreements are negotiated in conjunction with Sabanes-Oxley requirements and works with the Capability Development group to properly document all agreements.
- Directs and participates in material management decisions and analysis through participation as a member of a Category Council that determine the high priority spend areas necessary to be effectively managed and have the potential to be problematic to on-going operations and customer relations
- These categories can directly affect strategic objectives of the T&D, Energy Resources or Non-Utility (Corporate) Sourcing verticals. Provides solutions and standards within each vertical that will meet the operational goals of each of the Business Units.
- Strategically determines which categories of goods and services have the potential to directly impact enterprise-wide operations and develops the necessary vision and plan to successfully manage spending on those critical categories.
- Reviews the current spend, inventory level and relevant Supply Chain process within the vertical to insure the needs of the customer and each Business Unit are being met. Sets price reduction and service targets and ensures that operational areas needs are met.
- Documents savings levels and opportunity for savings, documents plan to track savings, and develops processes for including savings in Supply Chain balanced scoreboard.
- Responsible for the management, supervision and coaching within the T&D, Energy Resources or the Non-Utility (Corporate) Sourcing verticals. Ensure that tall activities conducted by employees within the respective verticals are completed using established Supply Chain processes and procedures to perform required job assignments and the at those activities are sufficiently documented.
- Ensures that employees have the capabilities and knowledge to complete their jobs.
- Provides supervision and guidance for between four to eight direct reports.
- Ensures the group's adherence to established corporate policies. Sets operational goals and targets that are in line with enterprise goals.
- Solicits input and feedback from the Business Unit's internal users group regarding performance of the T&D, energy Resources or Non-Utility (Corporate) Sourcing verticals and guides staff in making necessary changes in policy or procedures to maintain satisfactory service levels.
- Establishes a relationship with the internal users of Supply Chain regarding performance and provides any feedback to the relevant Category Councils or Capability Development group for tracking and correction.
- Uses real-time experience to drive necessary process change.
- Ad hoc reporting, real-time generation of standard and customized reports, presentations to various management sectors, reporting requirements generation, other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with financial systems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with seven to nine yeas of related experience, including two years of management experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.