Gas Governance Consultant Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; CO - Alamosa; CO - Grand Junction; CO - Pueblo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provide technical and strategic expertise in the execution of Gas Quality, Pipeline Safety Management and Contractor Quality Work Inspection Programs. Conduct field and office compliance assessments for company employees and contractor personnel to ensure adherence to all codes and standards. Coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary groups to develop processes and procedures to efficiently and economically fulfill regulatory requirements related to assuring gas compliance requirements and company policy. Responsible for status reporting and identifying training requirements based on assessment results. Monitors key operational reports to monitor compliance.
- Conducts field and office compliance assessments of company and contractor personnel to ensure adherence to all PHMSA, D.O.T. and company standards and policies.
- Reviews company documents and records to ensure proper documentation and record keeping of all activities.
- Identifies compliance risks and works with the gas operating areas in the development of intermediate and long-term solutions to meet regulatory requirements. Leverages relationships to identify opportunities for improvement and develops solutions to operational issues.
- Communicates information to company personnel at all levels, including presentations to management and field personnel. Creates and maintains open dialogues with departments, requests information and responds by providing suggestions, alternatives and assistance.
- Analyzes reports from various systems to assure compliance with company policy and procedures. Addresses and incorporates as necessary new Gas Compliance business processes into the overall Gas Compliance effort.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the gas utility industry is required, with experience in natural gas transmission/distribution operations, audit services, regulatory compliance functions highly preferred.
- Able to provide and apply knowledge of all regulations and rules and the company's operating standards, policies, procedures and processes including federal and state D.O.T. Pipeline Safety Regulations such as the D.O.T. rules and CFR49 Parts 190-199.
- Able to utilize mainframe systems and personal computer software proficiently, such as e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
- Able to handle multiple projects, prioritize and schedule tasks, pay attention to detail and demonstrate good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; CO - Alamosa; CO - Grand Junction; CO - Pueblo || United States (US) || Operations || 58650:Gas || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000 to $113,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53203
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.