Gas Engineering Intern- Denver, CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Work with Gas Design to support Gas Engineering business. Candidate will perform administrative tasks involving records research and asset tracking, utilizing a variety of resources. AutoCAD work includes making changes to existing drawings, creating new drawings, and publishing drawings to an official PDF repository. Some travel may be required to locations within a 2-3 hr radius of Denver, CO to visit gas assets. Through training and engagement, a successful candidate will gain invaluable experience collaborating with a variety of gas utility employees, developing AutoCAD practical skills, and understanding gas utility assets.
(Starting pay is based on Sophomore college level and will increase each additional year of college)
- Calculate wheel / track loading for encroachments
- Verify MSR's match IFC BOM's, and identify any missing material prior to construction
- Clean up encroachment list by contacting people who haven't yet submitted plans.
- Upload job books (as Greg mentioned)
- Create a list of active OA's, and identify a process for list maintenance going forward
- Verify operations in work orders exist, and their dates (I.E. Do we have NDE, Restoration, Inspection, etc... and what are operation start / finish dates? Do they align to our schedule?)
- Standardize common language in SOW's for each unique service (inspection, NDE, engineering, etc.)
- There's parts of the non-nuclear SOW that will be consistent across all projects for a specific service (I.E. Quality Assurance Critical Characteristics, Supplier Requirements, Company Responsibilities, etc.).
- Verifying asset type, FLOC, ALOC, power plan, etc match prior to WO creation.
- Pursuing a Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Construction Management degree from an ABET accredited school
- Sophomore and higher
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 58650:Gas || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.70 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48756
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.