Fuel Supply Intern- Denver Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Fuel Supply Operations manages the procurement of solid fuels and fuel oil for Xcel Energy. Xcel Energy has a fleet with of over 10 solid fuel power stations that burn coal, wood, RDF (municipal waste), etc. The Fuel Supply Operations group manages contracts with various mining companies, railroads, waste wood suppliers, etc.
- An internship with Fuel Supply Operations typically includes learning about various types of generating facilities, electric system operations, etc. Fuel Supply Operations is part of the the Commercial Operations organization for Xcel Energy which includes fuel supply, gas planning, gas supply, system operations, energy trading, trading analytics and market operations. A successful intern is well positioned to move into a variety of full time positions at Xcel Energy. Former Fuel Supply Interns are now successful full time employees in the Xcel Energy gas planning and asset management departments.
- Example of a project description: Work with the Fuel Supply staff to analyze data, complete reports, work with suppliers, etc. Through practical operations experience and mentoring, a successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- The candidate should be able to work full-time during the summer and 15-20 hrs./wk. during a school semester.
- Pursuing degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or other field with an emphasis in analytical thinking (i.e. mathematics, social science fields, etc).
- Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is a plus.
- Must be a Junior and higher
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 25320:Coal Supply || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.40 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48543
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.