F&SS Project Manager
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a F&SS Project Manager.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls WCB facility with every other Friday off!
- Responsible for leading and coordinating large high risk projects from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, and project closeout using innovation and/or technology for the Facilities and Site Services Group (F&SS).
- Develops Project Management Plan for assigned projects.
- Use knowledge of programmatic engineering, procurement, and industry processes, e.g., construction, operations, R&D and business systems throughout the project to ensure project scope is accomplished, schedules are met, and work is completed within budget. Support meetings and presentations to customers.
- Develop the scope and manage the development of budgets and schedules, monitor progress, and initiate action to ensure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget.
- Resolve problems and coordinate operational requirements.
- Provide leadership for the development and maintenance of a hard-working project team.
- Has overall responsibility for project execution, budgets and schedule, and to the customer and management's performance expectations.
- Promote an open and informal communication environment, to develop mutual trust and teamwork, and facilitate employee self-development.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective customer relations. Assist in the training of new project managers and team members through both formal training and on-the-job training.
- Anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively.
- Recognize people for their accomplishments and ensure that customers and applicable organizations are made aware of these accomplishments.
- Take the lead in working with all departments including engineering, project controls, procurement, construction, and other services as required for the project.
- Provide leadership and direction to junior support PC/PMs and support organizational personnel.
- Work with outside organizations and agencies in requirements definition, interfaces and operations startup.
- Handles new situations deviating from established patterns and modes.
- Translates strategy into actions for implementation. Provides staff opportunities, career development, mentoring.
- Helps set individual performance goals and provides feedback thereto. Accountabilities and performance directly support the achievement of Laboratory Critical Outcomes.
- Engage strategically with INL, other DOE laboratories, industry, and international partners.
- Represents the Lab in business discussions with customers.
- Actions have visibility and require frequent interaction with the senior leadership team and other Laboratories.
- Works independently with little oversight required.
- Subject to functional policies and goals and general management direction.
- Organization and lab level focus.
- Fully accountable as the lead for managing a program and supporting projects. Actions are self-initiated.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for the project management.
- PR0400: Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years experience, Advanced Degree and 6-8 years experience.
- PR0500: Bachelor's degree and 12 years experience, Advanced Degree and 8 years experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in construction industry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- PMP Preferred or ability to obtain within one year.
- Prefer advanced degree
- Ability to communicate effectively with industry and academic customers.
- Salary: Grade 220 ($104,688 - $172,668)
- Salary: Grade 230 ($118,020 - $200,808)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.