Fleet Regulatory Compliance Specialist / Sr. Fleet Regulatory Compliance Consultant Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Support the Fleet organization in ensuring vehicles and equipment as well as drivers are compliant with DOT, Xcel Energy, and other applicable federal and state regulations, rules, and policies. Monitor DOT Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) program. Administer the rules, regulations, practices, and procedures of the regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over Xcel Energy's Fleet Operations to ensure compliance. Maintain CDL drivers' qualifications files and communicate effectively with business unit partners to ensure all CDL drivers are in compliance with the regulations. Track metrics and provide recommendations for corrective action for compliance deficiencies.
- Support DOT related activities to ensure regulatory compliance for Fleet Operations to include: medical cards, driver qualifications, vehicle maintenance & inspection, and alcohol & drug policy training. Ensure DOT records are maintained for external audit readiness. Maintain DOT driver qualification requirements in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Deliver regulatory compliance training.
- Collect and research motor vehicle accident data. Support/guide Claims and Fleet personnel in analyzing accident claims. Participate in accident investigations as requested. Coordinate remedial driver training programs. Maintain driver training records.
- Coordinate annual DOT medical exams. Coordinate with Xcel Energy's occupational medical vendor to ensure compliance with DOT medical requirements. Ensure integrity of data and required documents. Provide accurate, timely reports, tariffs, and other DOT regulatory affairs materials.
- Maintain awareness of proposed rules, regulations, and legislation pertaining to fleet vehicle operations. Prepare regulatory reporting, filing, and related driver qualifications for assigned jurisdictions. Collect information and draft responses for review in preparation to respond to regulatory requests for information.
- Support fleet vehicle licensing and permitting programs. Perform information searches from DOT and industry websites. Draft/prepare compliance letters, applications, required DOT responses, and reports for filing with regulatory agencies.
Minimum Requirements for Fleet Regulatory Compliance Specialist
- Associate degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience (3 years of related experience may substitute for the degree).
- Two years' experience in fleet administration or equivalent preferred.
- Some knowledge of DOT, federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fleet operations.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Access.
Minimum Requirements for Sr. Fleet Regulatory Compliance Consultant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience (6 years of related experience in addition to the required 5 years may substitute for the degree).
- Five years' experience in fleet administration. Extensive knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and other federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fleet operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Fleet Regulatory Compliance Specialist:
- Minnesota: $26.70 - $37.36 per hour
- Colorado: $26.00 - $36.32 per hour
- Sr. Fleet Regulatory Compliance Consultant: $66,000 - $94,000
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 44100:Fleet Stndrds and Performance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $26.70 to $37.36 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49806
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.