Fleet Mechanic B or A - Amarillo, TX Job
Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking to fill a Fleet Mechanic B or A for our Amarillo, TX location.
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles operated by Xcel Energy Corp. This personwill be working outof the Lubbock,TXservice center location. This includes preventive maintenance, minor and major repairs of cars, trucks, aerial devices, construction equipment and other types of equipment operated by the company. This position is aMonday-Fridayshift.
Requirements for A Mechanic:
- High school diploma or GED
- Four years of experience in the automotive and/or truck maintenance and repair field
- Minimum requirements of 8 certifications from Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or equvialent certificantions for a Fleet Mechanic A(Ability to acquire the 8 certifications within 6 months of hire can be granted. After 6 months the situation will be assessed to determine an extension due to Covid.)
- Included in these could be certifications from Fluid Power Society (FPS), State Welding certification, Manufacturing engine repair and diagnostics, Hydraulic repair and diagnostics, truck and chassiselectronics repair and diagnostics.
- Must have a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and a DOT medical card(or the ability to obtain a Class A CDL within 120 days of employment)
- Must be willing to respond to after hour emergency work, call-outs and overtime as assigned
- Must have the fitness and ability to lift 50 lbs. Be able to work from elevated heights and off ladders
- Must be self-motivated and capable to work alone
- Must reside within 20 miles from the Amarillo, TX service center
Requirments for Fleet Mechanic B
- Successful applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
- A technical, vocational or trade school diploma, or degree in automotive truck and/or heavy equipment service repair and maintenance, or 3 years of continuous work history in this field. Other forms of experience/training/schooling may be considered equivalent such as military and veterans training programs, as determined by the Company.
- A minimum of 2 years verifiable experience in the automotive/truck field is required.
- Successful applicant must meet all requirements of FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a Commercial Driver's License (CDL Class A) or be able to obtain one within 3 months of hire at the employee's expense.
- Applicant must hold 6 current Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automotive or Truck certifications or 6 equivalent certifications, as determined by the Company.( Ability to acquire the 6 certifications within 6 months of hire can be granted.)
- Applicant must have the ability to read and understand the English language, perform basic mathematics and possess basic computer skills.
- Successful applicant must furnish standard and metric tools in accordance with the fleet department's required tool list.
· A high level of safety awareness with a demonstrated commitment to working safely at all times is required
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 18750:Fleet Amarillo I40 || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $30.73 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal holidays, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 53192
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.