Financial Consultant Job
Job Grade: Q
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Responsible for providing the strategic counsel, expertise, vision and leadership for identifying, evaluating, implementing and integrating appropriate financial strategies. Develop unique methods, techniques, evaluation criteria and solutions for obtaining financial results for extremely complex problems with intangible variance factors. Provide financial direction to ensure future needs are met. Leads complex financial evaluations and analysis, manages projects and develops business solutions. Takes a leadership role in directing and providing expert consultation to Financial Analysts.
- Responsible for providing the strategic counsel, expertise, vision and leadership for identifying, evaluating, implementing and integrating appropriate financial strategies. Oversee the gathering, analysis, preparation and summary of present and future financial budget trends and performance. Responsible for presentations to Business Area leaders and works closely with senior leadership to ensure they are effectively utilizing existing financial strategies. From a financial perspective, perform complex, confidential studies and analysis.
- Develops and implements unique solutions to complex problems with intangible variance factors, exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion including interpreting accounting guidance to challenge and obtain the proper financial results.
- Coordinate the financial analysis and support to management for the annual budget process, as well as modeling, analysis and financial support for current year and five year forecasting.
- Leads complex projects and financial evaluations. Implements process improvements and business solutions.
- Takes a leadership role in directing and providing guidance to and reviewing the work of Financial Analysts. Effectively manage change and assist others in managing change.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 to 6, or more years of experience in general financial accounting, reporting or analysis.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, financial and economic modeling, financial process controls and problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to interface with all levels of management.
- Master's Degree or equivalent certification. For example, CPA, CMA, CFA
- Advisory firm, investment banking, public accounting, and/or other relevant experience
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75660:Nuclear Finance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000 to $113,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53054
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.