Finance Analyst II
This position is posted until filled.
Department: Financial Management
Finance Analyst II
Salary Grade: G08
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$58,128 - $77,021 - $95,912
Given the financial nature of this position, this position has been defined as a position requiring a credit check. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check.
Under direct supervision, develops, interprets, and implements financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, verifies, documents, and processes information necessary to maintain and update databases and assumptions used in modeling, analysis, and decision making activities
- Compiles, assembles, and packages documentation of activity and studies the results for filing and presentation purposes
- Performs routine technical calculations and studies, prepares graphs, table, spreadsheets and other analysis and presentation material in support of other department personnel
- Directs the preparation of studies, reports, and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts
- Reviews collection of data and makes recommendations to management regarding consistency and reasonableness of assumptions used in studies and projections
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action
- Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations
- Serves as project coordinator to direct and coordinate the activities of internal company personnel in order to accomplish assigned objectives
- Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements
- In-depth knowledge of utility accounting, finance, rate making and economic principles and theories
- Ability to collect, research and synthesize complex or diverse information
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a timely manner
- Ability to handle complex assignments
- Ability to exercise judgment to achieve desired performance, minimize costs, and meet schedules
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, with two to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret complex financial documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Working knowledge of Accounting and database software
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand up to 1/3 of the time and sit up to 2/3 of the time
- Manual dexterity required, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), and the ability to talk and listen
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.